Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mar 2014

March arrives... like some sort of a semi-tame lion.


Well, tame compared to Feb's exit of whiteouts, walls of snow and windchills of -38°. Saturday before this snow I opened my thermal drapes and went out to stand on my balcony to celebrate a few hours of barely freezing temps. The sun was bright and I stood looking at my sights and listening to thunks of the kids playing hockey in the rink. Then a bit after midnight, I returned during this light snowfall to share another night skyline with you. No more thunking, but you can see the rink in the lower left corner... and the weather app is predicting more -30° windchills for Sunday night.


Of course the rest of you all across north America are having your own freezing tribulations... guaranteeing us all stories of the winter of '14. They will be dramatic stories even if we didn't have to walk 5 miles to school every day.


It's hard to believe that in just one week from today we will have to stop wasting our daylight again. Don't forget to spring forward.


And keep warm, eh?