Wednesday, June 1, 2022

June 2022

 

First one in a looooong time!

Peter brought me these flowers for Easter...
And I took this pic when they were just starting to bloom.
Yes, this is the first Bette-taken pic
You've seen for absolute yonks, my friends.
It's decently steady and focussed and the colours
Are vibrant with almost no retouching.
That's all because my new (cataract-free) eyes
Just plain work better.

I love how these freshly opened flowers
Grab the light and filter it through their eager petals...
While the patient buds gather their power
With a resolve to out-dazzle their forerunners
And join in the glory that is Spring.

Seems the worlds of Light and Colour
Are mine again.
I'll endeavour to show you more
As Summer unfolds.
...
If this isn't nice, what is?

              ~ Kurt Vonnegut, of course