Monday, May 28, 2018

June 2018

June really is busting out all over...

You can see it in the trees
You can smell it in the breeze

I keep humming this song every day now. The park across the street is busier than ever with little kids in the new playground and big kids playing ball hockey now that the ice on the new rink has totally disappeared. Construction on Phase II at the private school has begun. And the front of my local Loblaws is festooned with hanging pots of flowers and herbs as well as lots of deep green leafy plants for porches, front and back.

Look around! Look around! Look around!
 

Of course, I'm of an age to love musicals and to remember when the movie Carousel came out in 1956. And I relish re-watching Agnes DeMille's joyous and energetic choreography. Here, see for yourself!
See what I mean?

June, June, June
Just because it's June, June, June!
...
Thank you, Kelley, for this glorious image...
Just one of the many I linger over on your FB feed...
And maybe I'll paint one some day. 

...
If this isn't nice, what is?

              ~ Kurt Vonnegut, of course