Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Jan 2019

A fresh new start... with fresh new perspectives!


Sometimes I sit and I think:
What if I were to sit over there
And think a different think?
After all,
Isn't that what we're all doing
All the time?
But,
What if...
I just think about the think?
And notice the focus?
The frame?
And see how I can change
All that
With just a slight shift
Of me.
Of my place.
Of my view.

The New Year
Gives us all a chance
To re-new,
To re-think
And to re-sit...
And even
To think a new think
Every day.

This new year,
I invite you
To enjoy your fresh views,
To relish your old thinks
Along with your new thinks
And to discover
How to weave all
Your thinks together.

...
 
Last month, Chatanooga had dots. This month, Toronto's got squares. The image for this month's calendar is from a lovely New Year's Eve visit to Bjarke Ingels'  Unzipped, the Serpentine Pavilion in Toronto (just east of Portland St. at 533 King St. West.) Be sure to click on the link above and watch the film! You can walk through Unzipped as well as around it and each glance offers all new perspectives. Here's another perspective... yes, that's me lost in the shadows and looking out!


 

...
If this isn't nice, what is?

              ~ Kurt Vonnegut, of course