Sunday, October 31, 2021

Nov 2021

 


Ocean liners all aligned...

Cruise ships all lined up…
Like us, they started waiting
In March of last year.
These liners
All aligned themselves
Off the coast of Barbados.
Holding their breaths
Like the rest of us.
Skeleton crews kept them
Afloat.
Supplies came to them
From Bajans
Via touchless deliveries
Much like my own
Instacart groceries.
Mine, tho, always arrive with
Less fanfare.

I don’t mean
Yelling and screaming,
But I do imagine there was
Some waving and tooting, at least.
Don’t you?

With vaccines
Bajans again welcomed
Tourists to their shores
In June of this year.
I saw one picture
Recently
Of a party
With music and dancing
On the dock
Welcoming passengers alighting
From a new cruise liner.

Made me think
That Cineplex could
Have welcomed me
To the screening of Dune
With some waving and tooting
And dancing.

I’m not complaining,
Mind you.
I’m quietly celebrating
Little normalacies
Almost daily.
Maybe I could be
Dancing more.
Maybe we all could be
Dancing more?
Just to celebrate
That we’re not in line
Everywhere
Anymore.
...
Thank you, Peter, for the image.
I waited for these more hopeful times
To show it off.

...

Have a great Mo/November
And
Be sure to remember
While you're remembering
On the eleventh:
Vonnegut
Et al.
His birthday
And pleas
For humanity.

...
If this isn't nice, what is?

              ~ Kurt Vonnegut, of course