Sunday, July 31, 2022

Aug 2022

 

Easy like a frog a-walkin'..

If you’ve been following
My FB feed lately
You might have noticed a whole slew
Of frog images.
That’s because I love frogs
AND I knew
This wondrous image
From Mike Lush
(Yes, Kathy’s bro)
Was coming up this month.
Seems FB conspired
To help me prime the pump, eh?

FB had fed this pic
To Mike as a memory
From 10 years ago…
And he still had the original…
And he knew exactly
Where to find it.

Twas fast and easy.
Which brings us to
Today’s title line:
     Easy like a frog a-walkin’
Peter’s dad, LB, used to say this
When we might today say
Piece of cake or
Easy as falling off a log or
Easy as shooting fish in a barrel or
My personal fave:
Easy-peasy. Lemon-squeezy.

I never knew where
LB’s version came from
And a quick poll of
Some of my fellow Texans
Didn’t shed any light.
YouTube does talk about
Frogs that walk instead of hop.
They can still hop and swim
But they mostly just prefer to walk.
And it looks easy for them, eh?

Several weeks ago
Mike sent me this delightful pic
And I immediately prepaed
This month’s calendar with it.
But I kept putting off
Writing these words for you until
This Sunday night that is
Almost August.
It’s been a quick write.
We might even say
     Easy like a frog a-walkin’
Eh?

...
If this isn't nice, what is?

              ~ Kurt Vonnegut, of course